This is a mild-flavoured dish made from fresh emperor.
The olive oil, tomatoes, capers, and olive give it a spectacular colour.
1. Season the pieces of red emperor on each side with a little salt and pepper. Cut four slices from each black olive and discard the pits.
2. Heat the oil in a large, deep frying pan. Add the pieces of red emperor and sear for 2 minutes on each side until lightly colored. Lower the heat and add the water, lemon juice, and 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Bring up to a simmer.
3. Cover and cook over a gentle heat for 2 minutes until the fish is just cooked through.
4. Lift the pieces of fish out onto a plate, cover, and keep warm. Bring the juices in the pan to a vigorous boil. Throw in the olives, chopped tomatoes, capers, and chopped parsley, and boil for 30 seconds.
5. Put the pieces of fish on four warmed plates, spoon the sauce over them, and serve.
Sustainable Fishery and Seafood Supplier
Your First Choice For
Sustainable Tropical Seafood